This cranberry orange bread recipe is a great basic for the beginner cook. Great for gift giving in these pretty paper loaf pans.
Homemade Cranberry Orange Bread
My daughter recently came to visit and brought a delicious chocolate chip banana bread. She told me that she was learning just how easy and fun quick bread was to make. This reminded me of a recipe for cranberry orange quick bread that I use to make, and since I found some fresh cranberries in the grocery store this week, I thought I’d make some for this week’s recipe.
Quick bread is a lot like muffins. You simply mix the wet ingredients in one bowl, and then the dry ingredients in a separate bowl. Then you combine the two, making sure that you stir just enough to blend the two together, for the lightest and tastiest bread. This is one instance where my impatience is a good thing.
This post contains some affiliate links (that means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, there’s no additional cost to you, but I will earn a very small commission. ) Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
Cranberry Orange Bread as Gifts
Typically you can make this bread in a loaf pan, but I really like these disposable loaf pans, which allow you to give a delicious cranberry orange loaf as a beautiful and tasty gift.
These little loaves are wonderful to serve when you have guests, with coffee and tea in the morning, offering just the right amount of sweetness for a light breakfast.
Cranberry Orange Quickbread Alternatives
Of course, you could use a variety of different flavors in this same recipe.
- Lemon – Substitute lemon instead of orange.
- Apples – Cranapple is a great combination.
- Pears are in season too.
- Add a teaspoon of cinnamon or a dash of nutmeg.
It’s all a matter of taste. Half the fun is experimenting and finding what you love.
- 2 cups chopped cranberries
- 3/4 cups sugar
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Juice and zest of one large orange
- 2 egg, beaten
- 1.5 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine cranberries, sugar, butter, vanilla, orange juice, orange zest and beaten eggs in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix slightly until all are just combined.
- Pour into a loaf pan or 2 paper loaf pans.
- Bake for 20 - 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted in the middle.
Nutrition InformationYield 12 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 178 Total Fat 5g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 2g Cholesterol 41mg Sodium 357mg Carbohydrates 31g Net Carbohydrates 0g Fiber 1g Sugar 17g Sugar Alcohols 0g Protein 3g