Chocoholics rejoice in this Mississippi Mud Cake recipe for a decadent dessert that's simple to make and serves many.
If you like chocolate, and let's face it who doesn't, you'll love this recipe. I originally tasted this decadent dessert on a beach vacation with some of my Tennessee friends. Each family was responsible for cooking dinner for everyone one night during the week. My friend Julie made this amazing cake that was so yummy, sugary, and chocolaty. I just had to have the recipe.
Of course, being the kind soul that she is, I quickly received the recipe along with some cute pics of the kids. I haven't made it in a while but since I have been watching my sugar lately my heart was begging for some chocolate goodness. For some reason, Julie's cake came to mind and so when I was asked to bring a dessert to another friend's party I knew just what to bring.
It reminds me of Texas sheet cake but there is no sour cream. Instead, you add marshmallow fluff on top, while the cake is still hot. This cake also has nuts inside and in the icing. I personally love pecans but you can leave them out or substitute walnuts or any other nuts that you prefer.
It's a real crowd-pleaser. Don't even think about the calories. 😉
- 2 sticks of butter
- 2 c sugar
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 4 eggs
- 1 t . vanilla
- 1 1/2 c flour
- 1/2 t salt
- 1 c pecans chopped
- 1 8 oz jar of marshmallow fluff
- 1 stick of butter melted
- 1/2 c evaporated milk
- 1 t vanilla
- 1 lb powdered sugar - approx 4 cups
- 1/2 c cocoa powder
- 1/2 c pecans chopped, optional
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees
- Beat butter, sugar and cocoa in a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla and blend well.
- Add flour, salt and nuts and mix well.
- Spread into a 9 x 13 inch greased pan
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick is clean when testing the center of the cake.
- Remove from oven and spread the marshmallow fluff on top. This is easiest to do if you drop spoonfuls all over and then spread it.
- Allow to cool.
- Mix melted butter, evaporated milk, powdered sugar and cocoa together in a large bowl.
- Spread on top of marshmallow layer.
- Sprinkle with additional chopped nuts.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 372Total Fat: 18gSaturated Fat: 8gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 8gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 165mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 41gProtein: 4g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.