This no bake peanut butter bars recipe is so easy to follow and it tastes great. It's the perfect treat for all the chocolate peanut butter lovers in your life.
I remember these yummy chocolate peanut butter bars they served in my public middle school. Apparently, they were made all over the US because when I searched for a recipe all kinds of "Lunch Lady Peanut Butter Bars" and "Cafeteria Peanut Butter Bars" came up.
It has a very similar flavor and texture to Reese's peanut butter cups with the chocolate only on the top.
It's an easy recipe. So much so that I made it while we were on vacation so you don't really need anything fancy to create them.
What You'll Need
- Creamy peanut butter
- Butter melted
- Powdered sugar
- Graham crackers
- Chocolate chips
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars
1. Crush up about 3 sleeves of graham crackers. You can use a rolling pin, a bottle, or anything to do this.
2. Then combine the graham cracker crumbs with melted butter, creamy peanut butter, and powdered sugar.
3. Spread the peanut butter mixture over a foil covered baking dish. You could also use parchment paper.
Also, you might want to use something smaller to make the peanut butter part thicker but this is what I had to work with.
4. Melt the chocolate chips. I did this in the microwave. Try 30 secs at a time and stir in between to make sure the chocolate doesn't burn.
5. Use a rubber spatula to spread the chocolate on top of the peanut butter layer and chill in the refrigerator until firm. That's it!
It does take some time to harden. At least 3 or 4 hours. A good one to leave overnight.
Variations and Substitutions
Substitute vanilla wafers for the graham crackers
Use different types of chocolate chips. I used standard semi-sweet but you could try dark, milk, or a combination of two or more.
Then you can easily remove the foil onto a cutting board and cut up pieces to enjoy.
We ate them all within a day. It was vacation after all. However, I'm sure that you could place them in an airtight freezer ready container and keep them for another day.
No Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Bars Recipe
- baking sheet
- Aluminum Foil
- 2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup butter melted
- 2.5 cups powdered sugar
- 2.75 cups graham cracker crumbs ~ 3 sleeves
- 4 cups chocolate chips 2 - 12 oz bags
- Line a 9 x 13 baking pan with foil
- Combine butter, graham cracker crumbs, peanut butter, and powdered sugar in a large mixing bowl.
- Spread evenly into the foil lined pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave-safe bowl at 30 sec increments or use a double boiler.
- Spread the chocolate over the top of the peanut butter mixture.
- Refrigerate until firm about 4 or more hours.
- Remove by lifting the foil onto a cutting board and using a sharp knife to slice it into pieces.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.