Peanut butter stuffed chocolate cookies are moist, decadent, and easy to make. A rich chocolate cookie with peanut butter surprise inside.
I have several people in my family who love the combination of chocolate and peanut butter. So when I was asked to bring dessert on Christmas Eve I wanted to bring something chocolate and something decorative.
The Winter Woodland Cake I shared last week was the decorative dessert, and today I'm sharing an easy and delicious stuffed peanut butter chocolate cookie recipe.
The peanut butter filling is not just peanut butter but it's more like the inside of a peanut butter cup. I've also used this filling in my chocolate peanut butter cake recipe.
These cookies are also pretty large. About 3-4 inches. You can make them smaller but I found it easier to make large ones. If you do, you may want to reduce the heat or decrease the baking time. Just keep an eye on the first batch and go from there.
Making Peanut Butter Stuffed Cookies
What You'll Need
- cocoa powder
- baking soda
- powdered sugar
- creamy peanut butter
Add peanut butter filling on top of chocolate cookie dough.
Then sandwich the cookie with chocolate dough pinched together to enclose the filling.
If you are not a fan of chocolate, though I could never understand why you could try substituting flour for the cocoa powder.
You could also use a different nut butter like almond or sunflower seed butter, especially since there are so many people with peanut allergies.
A nice little surprise inside. Perfect with a glass of milk because they are rich but not dry at all.
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
Peanut Butter Filling
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup creamy peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Make the peanut butter filling by beating powdered sugar, peanut butter, and melted butter together in a mixing bowl. Set aside.
- In another mixing bowl sift together flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt. Set aside.
- In a third mixing bowl cream butter and sugar together.
- Add eggs and vanilla. Mix well.
- Start adding flour and cocoa powder mixture about 1/3 at a time, mixing well between.
- Take some of the chocolate cookie batter and make a ball in the palms of your hand.
- Then flatten the cookie dough balls onto a baking sheet.
- Take some of the peanut butter filling and make a smaller ball. Flatten it and place it on top of the chocolate dough.
- Make a top for the cookie by making another ball of the chocolate dough, flattened, and place it on top.
- Press edges together to enclose the peanut butter filling.
- Continue until the cookie sheet is filled.
- Bake 7-10 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer to a cooling rack or kitchen towel to continue to cool.
- Once cool, keep them in a container with a lid for a few days.
The cookies I made were pretty big, about 4 inches wide. If you make them smaller you will yield more cookies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 36 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 186Total Fat: 10gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 26mgSodium: 178mgCarbohydrates: 23gFiber: 1gSugar: 15gProtein: 3g