We loved this brownies with candy recipe. They are rich and decadent, and you won't believe how easy they are to make. Plus you can make it your own using your favorite candy creating a unique tasty dessert.
A friend that I used to work with gave me the idea of mixing candy in with a basic brownie mix. It's been years since she told me about her invention but I finally got around to trying it.
She would say that she often used leftover Halloween candy and mix it into a boxed brownie mix. For mine, I used Reese's Thins and M&M caramel candies. I wanted to try mini Rolo's and mini Reese's cups but I couldn't find them in the store.
All you need to do is pour a layer of brownie batter on the bottom of a foil lined baking dish. Then lay the candy on top before covering them with the remaining batter.
I tried to keep the candy layer nice and flat so that I could completely cover them with the remaining batter.
Tip: Using foil makes popping the brownies out of the pan a cinch.
Cut them and let them cool.
Other Candy You Can Use
- Thin chocolate candy bars such as Hershey bars in any flavor
- Mini Candy - Rolo Mini Pieces, Reese's Mini Cups, and more
- Different flavors of M&M
- Chocolate chips or other chip flavors such as white chocolate or dark chocolate
Your friends and family will love the surprise candy in the middle, making for a deliciously rich and decadent treat.
- Package of Brownie Mix
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 Large eggs
- 15 Reese's Thins
- 4 oz M&M caramel flavor
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Cover a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine brownie mix with water, vegetable oil, and eggs in a mixing bowl and stir.
- Spread half of the brownie mixture onto the bottom of the baking pan.
- Arrange the Reese's Thins over the brownie mixture.
- Add the M&M's in between the Reese's candy.
- Carefully spread the remaining brownie mixture over the candy to cover.
- Bake for 22-25 minutes.
- Allow the brownie to cool.
- Lift the brownies out of the pan with the foil.
- Cut into bars.
Use any kind of candy you like. Keep in mind the height as it gets difficult to cover with the remaining batter if the candy is large.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 13gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 9gCholesterol: 17mgSodium: 130mgCarbohydrates: 30gFiber: 1gSugar: 9gProtein: 3g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.