This salted caramel blondies recipe is made with chocolate chips and a sweet caramel drizzle for an easy and delicious bar cookie treat. Great for a cookie swap or anytime you want something sweet and salty.
Chocolate and caramel is a flavor combination I love so why not make some salted caramel blondies with chocolate chips or bar cookies from these two yummy flavor profiles?
What is a Blondie?
To me, a blondie is much like a brownie without cocoa powder. Some say the major difference is the inclusion of brown butter and brown sugar in a blondie recipe. I did not use brown butter in this recipe but I did use lots of brown sugar.
What You Will Need
- All purpose flour
- Baking powder
- Light brown sugar
- Granulated sugar
- Vanilla extract
- Chocolate salted caramel chips
- Salted caramel sauce
The ingredients are much like a bar cookie recipe. In fact, you might call this a bar cookie instead of a blondie.
Everything comes together in a large bowl for delicious blondie batter.
Then the dough is easily spread into a glass baking pan.
And baked until golden brown. Just like a cake you can test the center with a toothpick to make sure it cooked through.
Some salted caramel syrup is drizzled over top for added deliciousness.
Can You Freeze these Blondies?
Yes, you can! These yummy treats freeze really well. Just do your best to make sure you place them into a good freezer container with as little air space as possible.
If you don't freeze them you can cut them up, bag some for gifts or place them in decorative tins, or serve them up to friends and family.
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter
- 1.5 cups light brown sugar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 bag chocolate salted caramel chips
- 2 tablespoons of salted caramel sauce
- Combine flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl cream together butter, brown sugar, and granulated sugar with a mixer.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture.
- Add half of the flour mixture to the sugar mixture. Mix well
- Add the remaining flour, mix well.
- Add the chocolate caramel chips and fold them in with a spatula or large spoon.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan.
- Pour the dough and spread it evenly into the baking pan.
- Bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- Drizzle a few tablespoons of caramel sauce all over the top of the baked blondies.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 238Total Fat: 12gSaturated Fat: 7gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 48mgSodium: 190mgCarbohydrates: 32gFiber: 0gSugar: 20gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.