This rich and gooey chocolate oatmeal bar recipe is made with chocolate chunks, oatmeal, walnuts, and almond flour for a delicious gluten free dessert any time of the year.
Sometimes you just want to eat something ooey, gooey, and chocolatey.
Can I get away with saying that this one is healthy because it's gluten free?
I had almond flour leftover from my breakfast cookie recipe and I didn't mind the switch from all-purpose so I thought I'd use it up. If you don't have almond flour feel free to substitute all-purpose white flour in the same amount.
The oats I used were from Bob's Red Mill. They have a gluten free label on them. You'd think that all oats would be gluten free but as it turns out that is not the case. If you are concerned just check before you buy them.
This dough is pretty dense so you actually need to press it into the pan. And, if you are worried about the amount of salt I used, feel free to cut back or leave it out entirely.
These chocolate oatmeal bars came out perfect. There was enough crispiness on the outside to give them some chew, but inside they were nice and gooey.
And the recipe makes 24 pretty nice sized portions.
These chocolate oatmeal bars did not disappoint. Are they super healthy? Probably not, but they sure tasted good.
Chocolate Oatmeal Bar Recipe
- 2 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 12 oz bag of chocolate chunks
- 1/2 cup walnuts - roughly chopped
- 1 cup gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 tablespoon coarse salt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Spray a 9x13 inch glass baking pan with vegetable oil.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt in one bowl.
- In another bowl mix butter, both sugars together.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Slowly add the flour mixture to the sugar mixture about 1/3 at a time.
- Then add in the chocolate chunks, walnuts, and oatmeal and mix until blended.
- Spread the mixture into the greased baking pan pressing with your hands until it is evenly spread in the pan. Sprinkle with coarse salt.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
- Let cool and cut into squares.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.