This double chocolate chip cookie recipe was inspired by my deep love of chocolate. Try this easy to make recipe which yields over 4 dozen cookies.
This double chocolate chip cookie recipe was inspired by my deep love of chocolate. I know I’m not alone, and believe it or not there are actually are some chocolate recipes, (though not many), that are too chocolaty, even for me.
Double Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
I’ve added chopped pecans to this one for added texture but hey, you can use whatever kind of nuts you like. Have a nut allergy? Leave the pecans out. The cookies will still be delicious.
This cookie is one of those gooey cookies. Not that I don’t like a nice crisp cookie because I do. In fact I have a recipe for pumpkin pie spice cookies that are a little on the crunchy side.
However, there’s something about chocolate chip cookies that lend themselves to a chewy cookie persona, and I haven’t found one person who doesn’t like a soft and gooey cookie yet.
I know, I had you at double chocolate.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 cup butter softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Combine butter and sugar and beat on medium until smooth and creamy.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined
- In a separate bowl sift together flour, baking soda and salt.
- Add flour mixture to wet mixture, about 1/3 at a time.
- Add chips and nut and mix well.
- Drop on cookie sheets with small cookie scooper.
- Cook for 8-10.
Nutrition InformationYield 48 Serving Size 1
Amount Per Serving Calories 128 Total Fat 7g Saturated Fat 3g Trans Fat 0g Unsaturated Fat 3g Cholesterol 18mg Sodium 104mg Carbohydrates 16g Fiber 1g Sugar 10g Protein 2g