This Parmesan bread bites recipe is super easy to make and creates a great party finger food to add to your repertoire this season.
When I was a child I used to help my mother make these cheesy mini toasts for family gatherings or parties. We typically used regular white bread with the crust cut off and toasted it.
Then we spread on the cheese spread placed them under the broiler and cut them into four pieces. They were really good.
How to Make Parmesan Bread Bites
What You Will Need
- grated parmesan cheese
- minced onion (dried type)
- Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper
- 36 mini toasts or 8 pieces of white toast
Recently I found these fun Petits Toasts in the grocery store and they brought back the memory of this tasty appetizer.
Sadly I could not find the recipe anywhere. However, I remembered that there was mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese, and minced onion for sure. So I added a little Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper and called it a day.
The spread looked right.
Tip: You can make it ahead and store it in the refrigerator in an airtight container.
A little bit of the cheesy mix is spread onto the toasts.
Then they are set under the broiler for just a couple of minutes until golden brown.
If you cannot find these mini toasts you can easily substitute with rye rounds or toasted thinly sliced baguette rounds. You could also go the old fashioned route and use toasted white bread with the crusts cut off and cut it into four pieces like we used to do.
Even crackers would work but I think they would be the least tasty for this recipe.
Serve these cheesy bites while they are hot. Then immediately go back and make some more because they will be gobbled in no time.
Recipe for Parmesan Bread Bites
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1/2 tablespoon minced onion
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 36 mini toasts or 8 pieces of toast
- Combine the mayo, cheese, onion, worcestshire sauce, salt and pepper in a bowl. Mix well.
- Spread the mayo mixture onto 36 mini toasts.
- Set the toasts on a baking sheet under the broiler for 2 - 5 minutes or until the cheese is golden browned and bubbly.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.