Here's an easy and delicious peanut butter M&M cookie recipe that is loved by young and old. Made with mini M&Ms for more chocolatey goodness in every bite.
The colorful candies ensure that this cookie is one that kids will like. But let's face it all peanut butter lovers young and old will enjoy this easy recipe. And, they are nice and small so you won't feel bad about eating one or two.
What You'll Need
- baking soda
- creamy peanut butter
- light brown sugar
- granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- vanilla extract
- 10 oz bag of mini m&m candies
Making Peanut Butter M&M Cookies
This basic recipe starts with dry ingredients including flour, baking soda, and salt in a small bowl. You can sift them together but it's quick and easy to use a whisk to mix them.
In a separate large bowl combine the butter, peanut butter, and sugars. Use a hand electric mixer or stand mixer to cream them together. I'm using creamy peanut butter and a softened stick of butter. I used salted butter because I always have it on hand but you can substitute unsalted butter if you like.
You could also substitute dark brown sugar for light brown but it has a stronger taste and might compete with the peanut butter flavor.
You could also try crunchy peanut butter or natural peanut butter but I wouldn't recommend them. I believe they would be harder to work with and would not result in as nice a cookie.
M&Ms add just the right amount of chocolate and the mini size guarantees you'll get some in each bite. Of course, you could use chocolate chips in this peanut butter cookie recipe but they won't be as much fun.
So bright and colorful. Good enough to eat.
I used a small cookie scoop to make balls but you could use a teaspoon. Or consider using a large cookie scoop to make big delicious cookies. Just know that they make take a little longer to fully bake in the oven.
Tip: For best results, I bake the cookies halfway then switch the pans in the oven to allow for an even bake.
These peanut butter cookies came out great. So colorful and just the right size. Perfect for taking to any function, school, or church gathering.
Keep the fresh cookies in an airtight container for 5-7 days or toss some in a freezer bag for the future. You'll be glad you did.
Peanut Butter M&M Cookie Recipe
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter softened or room temperature
- 1/2 cup peanut butter creamy
- 3/4 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1.5 cups mini m&m candies 10 oz bag
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees
- Whisk together flour, baking soda and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In a separate large mixing bowl cream together butter, peanut butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar.
- Add eggs and vanilla to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add about half of the flour mixture to the butter and sugar mixture and mix well.
- Then add the remaining flour mixture and mix well.
- Finally stir in the mini m&ms.
- Use a small cookie scoop to create cookie dough balls and set them on a baking sheet.
- Fill two baking sheets at a time and set in the oven for 7 minutes.
- Then switch the cookie sheets bringing the pan on the bottom to the top rack and the one on top rack to bottom rack to provide for even cooking.
- Continue to bake for 7 additional minutes or until the cookies are a light golden brown.
- Remove the baking sheets from the oven and let cool for 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack.
- Continue until you've baked all the cookie dough.
Nutritional information is provided as a courtesy and is an estimate only. This information comes from online calculators. Although attempts have been made to provide accurate nutritional information, these figures are only estimates.