This simple patriotic flag fruit tart recipe is a big hit at parties with fresh fruit. Made with refrigerated cookie dough for the crust.
This simple patriotic flag fruit tart recipe is a big hit at parties. It's another oldie but goodie. Using fresh fruit, packaged cookie dough, and an easy cream cheese filling you can make a beautiful and tasty tart for everyone to enjoy.
Easy Flag Fruit Tart
For this one I arranged the fruit on a rectangular jelly roll pan in the shape of the US flag, but in the original recipe, that I learned from my mom, was made in a round pizza pan. The original recipe also includes more fruit such as bananas, strawberries and peach slices which you would arrange in layers so that you would get a bit of everything when you cut the tart into pie wedges. It can be quite a work of art with a rainbow full of colors.
For added flavor and sparkle you can use (this was on the original too), apricot preserves, heated on the stove with a little water, to make a nice glaze. Once it is slightly cool spoon it over the tart.
If you decide to make an all-occasion fruit tart using a round pan, you can start in the middle with a couple of berries. Then form rings of different fruit around the middle, working your way out to the edge. Peach slices, and kiwi are great choices in addition to berries. I have also used sliced grapes and bananas but you need to watch that the bananas don't turn brown. The apricot glaze should help. If you are worried, skip the bananas.
This fruit flag tart is really easy to make, looks and tastes great, and just think of how creative you can get with your fruit choice and arrangement.
Here's the recipe:
- 1 pkg refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 pint blueberries
- 2 pints red raspberries
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 8 ounce pkg cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup apricot perserves
- 1/4 cup water
- Spread the cookie dought on to a 15 x 10 jelly roll pan.
- Cook at 350 degrees for 10-15 minutes or until it is golden brown. Set aside to cool.
- I a medium size mixing bowl combine sugar, cream cheese and vanilla.
- Once cookie crust is cool spread the cream cheese mixture over the entire crust.
- Arrange fruit in any pattern you'd like.
- Make the glaze by adding the preserves and water to a small saucepan.
- Mix them together on high heat enough to combine and thin the preserves.
- Remove from heat and let cool slightly. Then using a spoon drizzle the glaze over the fruit.
- Serve or refrigerate.
You May Also Like: