Here's a recipe for Quick and Easy Muffin Pies made with pre-made pie crust and fresh fruit. A great way to make a nice homemade dessert on vacation or any time you are away from your own kitchen.
When we go on vacation with my family, we each take a turn cooking one night. My husband makes a fantastic pasta dish with seafood and I usually try to make an easy but tasty dessert. This year I made Muffin Pies.
When we go on vacation with my family, we each take a turn cooking one night. My husband makes a fantastic pasta with seafood and I usually try to make an easy but tasty dessert. This year I made Muffin Pies.
We're staying in a vacation home so there isn't a stocked pantry, however there is a great farmer's market on the way. So I picked up some great looking peaches, blackberries and blueberries.
Add a little cornstarch and sugar to the fruit.
Using some pre-made pie crusts and cut out rounds of dough with a glass.
Placed the pie cutouts in a 12 count muffin tin.
Fill them with some of the prepared fruit filling.
Serve with a side of ice cream.
Quick and easy with plenty of seconds, this quick and easy muffin pie dessert was a big hit.
- 1 package of refrigerated pie crust, 2 shells
- 4 cups of fruit
- 2 Tablespoons of sugar, optional
- 2 Tablespoons of cornstarch
- Roll out pie crust
- Using a glass upside down cut out rounds to place in muffin tin
- You may need to gather the dough and roll out using the side of the glass to cut the last circle of dough.
- In a large bowl place fruit sugar and cornstarch. (Peel and slice peaches first)
- Spoon fruit mixture into dough cups and bake for 35-40 minutes or until the crust is golden brown.
- Remove and cool. Serve with ice cream.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 138Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 1gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 0mgSodium: 61mgCarbohydrates: 24gFiber: 2gSugar: 8gProtein: 2g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.