Rolled beeswax candles are wonderful handmade gifts, you can easily make for all your family and friends throughout the year.
Rolled Beeswax Candles
Here’s a great tutorial that you can do with the kids, or anyone who is willing to help you make these beautiful and natural taper candles.
This post contains some affiliate links (that means if you make a purchase after clicking a link, there’s no additional cost to you, but I will earn a very small commission. ) Click here to read my full disclosure policy.
The kit I purchased has ten sheets of five different colors, measuring 8 inches by 16 inches each. Cut the sheets in half for two perfect 8 x 8 inch squares. If you want to make a specific color and instead of purchasing the kit, you can easily buy wicking and honeycomb beeswax sheets separately.
- Start by cutting your beeswax sheets in half. An 8 x 8 inch sheet makes a 1 inch thick taper candle, 8 inches long.
- Lay the beeswax sheet with the cut edge closest to you.
- Press a piece of cotton wick about 9 1/2 inches along the edge.
- Start pressing the beeswax edge over the wick all along the edge.
- Once you’ve got the candle started, firmly roll the candle, using the fingers of both hands to evenly press and roll the entire length of the beeswax sheet.
- Burnish the open edge to the candle by using your thumb and fingers to press and melt the wax into the side of the candle.
- Trim your wick on both ends, and press the bottom wick into the bottom of the candle
Tie pairs up with a pretty ribbon, and use them for stocking stuffers, party favors, or to embellish the top of a present.
Did you know that beeswax candles burn cleaner and longer than most candles? They also have a sweet, light natural honey scent everyone will love.