Here's a super simple baked brie with jam appetizer that you can make in minutes. Add your own favorite toppings and serve with sliced baguette bread, crackers, or fruit.
Brie has been a thing in my family for years. We always laugh about my oldest nephew who exclaimed, "I want Brie!" when he was barely old enough to talk. To this day he enjoys brie so when I was invited to his house for a party I had to bring the brie.
My sister would often make baked brie covered in dough or puff pastry that is baked in the oven but this version is much simpler and only takes minutes to make.
What You'll Need
- Wheel of Brie
- Parchment paper
- Sliced baguette, crackers or fruit slices
I used my brother-in-law's homemade jam. Rick has a fun travel and lifestyle blog called Day Tripping with Rick. He also loves to grow his own vegetables especially peppers, and then we get to share in his efforts through homemade jams, jellies, and dried seasonings.
This jam or jelly is sweet and spicy and looks so pretty on top of the brie.
Pine nuts are roasted in a pan for just a few minutes on the stove. They are pretty pricey but my Lebanese heritage makes me long for their nutty rich flavor. And as it was around Christmas I was able to add some tasty red and green in the form of pistachios and pomegranate seeds.
Other Topping Options
- Use different types of jam such as apricot, fig jam, maple syrup or raspberry preserves.
- Try different types of nuts such as pecans, walnuts, or sliced almonds.
- Serve with fruit such as slices of pears or apples.
I served it with some baguette slices and crackers for an easy festive looking appetizer. A good one that you can make in short order for any party.
- Small wheel of brie cheese - 6 - 8 ounces
- 2 tablespoons of jam - I chose habanero jam but you can use any
- 1/4 cup roasted pine nuts
- 1/4 cup chopped pistachios
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- Remove pomegranate seeds, roast pine nuts, and chop pistachios.
- Place the brie on some parchment paper.
- Spread the jam on top of the brie.
- Microwave on high for 30 seconds. Test the center to see if it's soft. Microwave again at 30-second intervals testing for soft and melty cheese each time.
- Remove brie place it on a serving platter.
- Sprinkle pine nuts, pomegranate seeds, and pistachios over top.
- Add crackers and bread rounds on the side and a small knife for spreading.
You can use double or triple cream brie if you want. However, the creamier the cheese the less time you will need in the microwave.
You can use any kind of jam you like.
Toppings can also vary. Use different kinds of nuts, citrus zest, or spices.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 24 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 30Total Fat: 2gSaturated Fat: 0gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 1mgSodium: 14mgCarbohydrates: 3gFiber: 0gSugar: 2gProtein: 1g
Nutritional information for the recipe is provided as a courtesy and is approximate only. We cannot guarantee the accuracy of the nutritional information given for any recipe on this site.