This recipe for fig bacon and gorgonzola pizza is as delicious as it is beautiful. So full of flavor, it may be your new favorite combo.
The flavor combination of figs and blue cheese is something I have loved for a long time.
In the past, I combined fig jam with a blue cheese stuffed burger and it was a winning combination.
So when I saw fresh figs at the market I had to snag a few.
These are black mission figs from Trader Joe’s. They also had pretty greenish gold figs but I haven’t tried them yet.
I’m using naan bread rounds which is super easy and perfect for this application. However, you could use flatbread or pita bread.
You could even buy frozen or refrigerated pizza dough, but you might want to cook it first.
After brushing the naan with garlic oil start layering your largest pieces first. Figs, followed by mozzarella.
I’m using fresh mozzarella because it’s light and creamy which adds a nice balance to the sweetness of the figs and the sharp and salty flavor of the bacon and Gorgonzola.
Pop them under the broiler just until the cheese melts and the bread is golden brown.
These are great for serving at a party. Slice them up with a pizza cutter in wedges or long strips.
Serve them as a meal for lunch or a light dinner with a side salad.
It’s a perfect easy way to enjoy the fresh and tasty flavor of figs while they are in season.
- small naan bread
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic grated or crushed
- fresh figs sliced thinly
- cooked bacon pieces
- slices of fresh mozzarella cheese
- Gorgonzola cheese crumbles
- Place grated or crushed fresh garlic in olive oil and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Brush garlic oil on naan bread
- Top with slices of figs, and fresh mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with bacon and Gorgonzola crumbles
- Place pizza under the broiler for 1-2 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the edges are golden brown.